Sunday, January 25, 2009

My 25 Random Facts...

1. When I was a kid, my nickname was Ducky (from the Land Before Time, “yep yep”) In 5th grade, my friends and I learned how to cuss, and we got in trouble with the teacher for writing “bad” nicknames in someone else’s book. I was F*** Ducky. Maybe that’s why I’ve switched to just Dano now.

2. I loved school and loved studying. I clearly had no life outside of sports and school. I have never received anything but an A or a B on a report card.

3. I have a strange obsession with elderly people. I enjoy watching them, driving behind them, talking with them, etc. I think it stems from the fact that I had the greatest grandparents in the world growing up. But seriously, I can’t wait to be old.

4. I won’t eat food that is “touching” another food. I hate when, for example, the mashed potatoes and the salad touch. Disgusting. I think those paper plates with the separate compartments were made just for me.

5. I cry during lame television shows and movies. Lifetime network, Disney channel. The latest was when Grissom left CSI. I certainly can’t watch The Fox and the Hound without tearing up. To be honest, I cry a lot more than most people would believe…and not just about sappy entertainment.

6. I am probably one of the world’s fastest pee-ers. For reals.

7. Doing things incorrectly stresses me out. I can remember all of the times in my life that I’ve been in trouble (more than I can remember happy memories). I think the funniest (and scariest one) is when the cross-country girls and I broke into the Mt. Whitney swimming pool to jump off the high-dive. The rent-a-cop found us and called our parents.

8. My cats are my best friends, no joke. I talk to them, play with them, and sing to them. I will make up songs about them. “Gatsby and Daisy, one is fat and the other is lazy.” If I can’t create my own lyrics, I’ll use a popular song and sing it about my cats. “I kissed my cat and I liked it, taste of his hairy cat fur. I kissed my cat just to try it. Hope my boyfriend don’t mind it.”

9. The worst chore, by far, is putting away the laundry. I hate it. Sometimes I’ll leave my laundry piled up on my bed for a week before putting it away. I just push it to one side and sleep on the other. I’d rather scrub toilets than put the laundry away.

10. I didn’t pass my driving test the first time around. I was too cautious. Although, if you’ve been in a car with me….you can probably believe it!

11. My sister and I used to get into brutal fights. I would throw things and she would use her fingernails. I still have physical scars; I think she has emotional ones. We’re the best of friends now though; when we get together, we speak in a lisp.

12. I have the world’s worst balance and HATE sports off of my feet. (I can’t ski, ride a bike, roller skate, horseback ride, etc.) I like being in control of my body and which way it is going to turn. Not sure if this is because I’m a control freak, or because I spend my entire childhood only playing soccer and softball.

13. In relationships, my friends have nicknamed me the black widow. Apparently I reel ‘em in and then bite their heads off. Be warned.

14. I have a secret “talent” of being able to take any compliment about myself and turning it negative.

15. When I was little, I had an affinity for school supply stores. My favorite time of year was back to school shopping, not for the clothes but for the pencils and paper. loved school, reading, writing and spelling. I think I was destined to become a teacher. Also, even though I complain about my job…I actually love it. Teenagers judge you, but not as harshly as adults. Funniest teaching moment? The time we were reading Huck Finn and I misprounced his name OR the time I came to school with pants that had been chewed by a dog, in the crotch area. Whoops!

16. I’m afraid of E.T., you know, the extra terrestrial, and feet. I absolutely hate my feet and anyone else’s feet. When people touch my feet, I scream.

17. I’m a reality tv junkie. I can’t stop watching.

18. FRIENDS is my favorite tv show. I have OCD like Monica. “If it’s not a right angle, it’s wrong a wrong angle.” Oh, and I can name just about any line from the show that I’m asked. Obsessive personality? You bet!

19. I led a pretty sheltered life. For example, I didn’t drink until age 20. Don’t worry, I think I’ve made up for that over time though. But, there are a lot of things I still haven’t done...

20. I don’t like the end of food/drinks. I throw it away. I dump out the last of the milk. I throw away anything that’s been in the fridge for more than two weeks. I just don’t like “old” food.

21. I’ve never been really injured or sick, minus the three kidney stones I’ve had. My body is fun and just produces kidney stones; I’m pretty sure they are the worst pain I will ever experience in my life (at least I’m hoping that).

22. I love to sing, although I can’t. I still listen to pop music. My favorites are Britney Spears, *Nsync and Otown. I can sing almost any song, but I can’t name a single artist. Oh, and I took piano lessons and played the viola when I was little. Who knew?

23. I’ve been long-distance running since the third grade. I’ve run countless races and four marathons. I even volunteered to stand on a picnic table and sing the Star Spangled Banner at one, with my mom of course. My fastest marathon time was four hours and eight minutes. I don’t think I’ll ever beat that…though I’d like to try.

24. I’m an English teacher who doesn’t understand deep poetry. For reals. I only understand humorous poetry, like the kind I write. Oh well, I’m getting pretty good at faking it.

25. I enjoy being the first to open new jars and messing up their perfection. I love opening butter and peanut butter the most, so fun. I have weird food habits. I love peanut butter or ketchup on anything. I can eat a jar of olives (green or black) in a sitting, if I don’t stop myself.

No comments: