Tuesday, September 30, 2008

The Road Not Taken

I graded freshmen benchmarks all day today. That means I got together with six English teachers and 300 freshmen essays and just read all day long. Good part: no school for me. Bad part: brain trauma. The freshmen are so funny. We had three pages of funny quotes (I'll share them when I get them). They read "The Road Not Taken" by Robert Frost and had to write an essay. They said stuff like, "You have to make choices in life, like if you should smoke weed or not," "I think everyone should take the write road," and "I think the poem is about choices, like whether to have a salad at lunch or a chilidog." Hilarious these kids.

We also had a 9th grade TEAM dinner and parent meeting. Only 13/60 showed up, but it was really good. I got to hear about a couple of kids who, unfortunately, might end up down the road not taken. Let's hope we can keep 'em on the right track.

Highlight of my day: the fruit salad I made. Grapes, pineapple, raspberries, and strawberries. Yum!

No comments: