Last Thursday I complete a ropes course with 26 girls from my 9th grade classes. It was an amazing day. I went on a zip line, climbed a tree, conquered fears, worked with these girls as a team....but now, one week later, I feel useless. The last few weeks I haven't left school until after 5pm. I've been trying to find new ways to teach the same old curriculum. Ways to have my students, who are extremely low in abiblity this year, understand the material. Ways that I can be a better teacher.
It all seems worthless. Where I thought I could do anything, today it feels that I can do nothing. I'm failing 25/62 freshmen at this point. Grades go out on Wednesday. I feel like I can't do any more for them. They just don't CARE! They refuse to do any homework. So if anyone has some helpful hints on how to motivate an unmotivated (or 25) teenager, let me know!



No comments:
Post a Comment