Friday, July 29, 2011

Ode to Fair Food

“All the world loves a fat girl” is what my grandpa always said.
And for years I’ve been in training…being a fair “foodie” is where it led.
When the Sonoma County Fair comes round, counting calories is out.
Gorging myself on as much food as possible is what the fair is all about.
Take me to the pasta king and get me a giant beer.
Trying to fit into my jeans is no longer what I fear.
I fill up on all the food and then go back for more.
And when I’m done at the fair, my friends roll me out the door.
I love cotton candy, kettle corn, and of course Clo’s ice cream.
Being in the Fair Food Scramble would be quite the fat girl’s dream.
Hand me Willie’s turkey leg, and forget the sticky fingers.
Throw at me a funnel cake, and all the taste that lingers.
Garlic fries and corn on the cob, and even frozen lemonade.
These are all the fair memories that never really fade.
Curly fries and apple pie, you can’t beat foods like this.
And anything straight out of the fryer, well that is just pure bliss.
I hope you’ll consider me as your companion at the fair.
I willing to try any food, and, of course, I’ll also share ☺

No comments: