Saturday, February 28, 2009

1st Clit Club Meeting

was last night, my place. We all had so much fun. We had all read The Little Prince (mostly) and sat and talked about the book. We also watched the movie version, which was incredibly creepy.

Then we had a drawing contest. We drew the rose, the tippler, sheep, a snake, the sunset, a fox and many more. Here are some of our pictures...sorry some are sideways!:





Then we plotted the prince's journey from his home to earth...and back again. We added our favorite quotes from the book and the night.
"I must endure the presence of two or three caterpillars if I wish to become acquainted with the butterflies."
"It's such a secret place, the land of tears."
"One sees clearly only with the heart. Anything essential is invisible to the eyes."




"It should be called the little rapist."
"One minute I was walking, and the next I had broken a pot and was in a bush."
"I hate everyone."


We also drew "our" adult world and what it would look like. Mine was over-run by cats.

Everyone decided that I was like the rose in the story...pretty self-explanatory.

We're such dorks, but fun dorks. We went out after the Club meeting and saw The Whiskey Thieves at Steiners; remind us not to do that again! They sang in Jamaican (kinda...), but we did have fun dancing the night away.

Hopefully we choose our next book soon!

No comments: