Sunday, February 1, 2009

On my run...

I saw, learned, thought, discovered...

1. Three deer prancing on the path ahead of me, so cute!
2. I'm a long-distance runner and always have been (thanks mom for running up until the 9th month of pregnancy); I don't get into my groove until about mile 5.
3. Old people are wobbly and don't share the road well.
4. Most people who are exercising are nicer; they all say hello or good morning.
5. The water fountains work in the rich part of town, but not in the poor.
6. Someone lost their pet chicken and posted a "wanted" sign for it.
7. I have Huck Finn downloaded onto my ipod since I'm teaching it right now, but it's not exactly inspiring to run to.
8. The Sonoma dream house has a guard. Every time I run by there are at least 5 people "stalking" it, taking pictures, or talking to the security. It took everything in me not to run across it's nicely cut lawn.
9. My "dream house" would be that beautiful HGtv house in Sonoma (I've been applying every day) or just having my apartment all to myself (and yes, I hope you're reading this. I haven't talked to you in 10 months, 10 MONTHS and you still live here).
10. Just because I'm running, doesn't give you the right to slow down your car, stare, whistle, or honk; I do NOT find that attractive.
11. I run faster when any Britney song comes on.
12. I need to run another marathon, but I like sleeping in. I can run from 8:30-10:30, but from 8:30-12:00 takes up the whole day!
13. I'm ecstatic that the first place I lose weight is my boobs.
14. I wish I could put my cats on a leash and run with them.
15. I don't stop for cars; I assume they will stop for me. This might be the death of me someday, but it's too tiring to stop and start again.


New run idea: Bartholomew to Sonoma Mountain and back again.

No comments: