Thursday, February 26, 2009

Dodgeball

A game of catching, throwing and running. I was always pretty good at it...although it was never my favorite.

But, apparently, it is a game that scarred many as children. We are having a sports rally tomorrow and the teachers were asked to participate in a giant game of dodgeball against the students. Not only should we join because the students want us to, but we should because it's fun (and they're giant foam dodgeballs...you're not really going to get hurt people!). But NOOOOOO, my department has to complain, as usual. They were saying things like, "Don't they realize we English teachers are terrified of this game." "I hate dodgeball; I was always picked last." "Yeah, takes me back to getting beamed in the head as a child."

MAN UP YOU WIMPS!

Just another reason why I don't quite fit in with this group...

No comments: